Quick CCSS-aligned lesson to encourage "short term research assignments:"
- Show this TED talk and amass a list of questions.
- Essential Question: How does space science (astrophysics) puzzle us?
- Ask students to describe what they saw. Tell them you "value vocabulary" and ask for expensive adjectives. (model this)
- Brainstorm a list of questions students might have, after watching the video.
- Have each student pick a question or two.
- Research the answers - a "mini-Inquiry"
- Hold a "meeting of the minds" and share new knowledge.